Monday, October 20, 2014

Patience Has Never Been My Strong Suit

Three more Fruits of the Spirit to talk about, and this one is a toughie for me. I have never been a patient person. Sometimes, I like to blame it on my strong will. Or maybe my confidence in gut feelings. Either way, I like to make decisions quick and jump right into them. The world likes to tell us that this is a good thing. You find something you want and you RUN after it.

So why is patience a good fruit of the Spirit? 

Because it is directly connected to faith. Many times, when I jump right into something, it is because I am afraid it will be taken away from me if I don't make it happen. I am doing it out of fear that my life will be "less good" if I don't do that thing… whatever it may be. I am so afraid of losing a "what could have been" that I miss out on the TRUTH.

TRUTH: If it is meant to happen in my life, there is nothing I could possibly do to mess it up. No matter how much I suck, God is bigger and better than my mistakes. 


Right now, I am re-analyzing my life. I feel restless. So much of me just wants to just take a 180 and make some life-changing decisions.
And I might. 
Or I might not. 

But for right now, I am just [working on] being patient. I am being prayerful and waiting for the right opportunities to arise. I have to choose to have faith in how the Spirit moves in me and in my life. With that faith, comes peace. And when I am at peace, I can be patient.

So what's a girl to do? Just sit around and be patient for something to just magically fall into her lap. Heck no! I am going to work hard. I will continue to seek out new opportunities and grow. I will be content with the place God has me now, while I get ready for the new adventures to come. And believe me… there WILL be adventures! Not a single one of us was created for a mediocre life.



Speaking of adventures, here is a little taste of my recent one. I got back from Honduras a little over a week ago and I am soooooooo excited to tell you all about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment