Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Error On The Side Of Kindness

This one seems obvious, right? Kind people are beauties! I don't think I have ever known someone and said "Gosh, I would really like that person more if they weren't so kind…"

This is something that I strive for in my every day life. Sometimes it's easy, like when I'm hanging around my best friends. And sometimes it's hard, like when I'm dealing with frustrating people at work. Or worse, when a good friend hurts me. But no matter what situation I'm in, it is equally important to approach it with kindness and compassion. And sometimes that means laying down my own wants & needs (or pride) in favor of someone else's. So why?

Well, the way I see it… life is not about the little battles we can "win", it is about love. 

I had the honor of meeting Gary Parsons a few years ago. [Actually, like almost six years ago. Dang… time flies!] He is very involved in the YoungLife community and one of the most inspirational men I have ever met. One thing he said has always stuck with me…

"When in doubt, error on the side of love. You can't go wrong"

Kindness. It's that simple and...
So. Freakin. Beautiful. 

So this one time, two of my best friends put up with me and walked around lost in London for an hour all because I wanted to find this underground coffee house I saw once on the Travel Channel. If that's not an example of beautiful kindness… I don't know what is!



1 comment:

  1. It really makes me so happy that you're blogging again. I missed your words. Even though I get the pleasure of hearing them every day (lucky me!), the internet world needs them.

    Love you! And your kind heart.

    ReplyDelete