Monday, August 25, 2014

Choosing Self-Control

It's been a while. And I am sorry. Between life and distractions… I just couldn't fathom taking an hour out of my night to be vulnerable right here. Because this right here… is terrifying. The last thing I want to do is be less than 100% real here. We all have our own stories to tell. And when told with honesty, they can change minds, hearts, and lives.

Perhaps another reason I have been putting this off is that I am secretly terrified to be talking about the Fruits of the Spirit. I feel so unequipped. It's because I really am. We all are, and we need to accept that. We all fall short of these beautiful things. We will never achieve these attributes without choosing what's really important, and what is really worth it. You have to choose to listen to the Spirit inside of you. You have to choose it today and you'll probably have to choose it tomorrow. Actually, let me rephrase that…

I have to choose it today, and I will have to choose it tomorrow. 



The world is full of brokeness and beautiful temptations. 

I will choose to live in the Spirit that is within me. I will CHOOSE self-control. It's okay to deal with things differently than the rest of the world. It's a "me" generation these days. Doing what makes ME feel good or doing what I want at the very moment I want it. 






But there is a reason self-control is a beautiful thing. Because it leads to patience. And patience leads to peace. We don't need to live in the fast lane. There is something really beautiful about a girl who makes her choices with prayer and control. She will not be easily swayed by this world. 

1 comment: