Monday, June 2, 2014

Fruit of the Spirit: Peace

Whew, I am feeling much better today. I feel refreshed and renewed. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I made a decision….

I can not do this every day. 

When this blog started, I vowed to write every day on a topic of beauty. I was excited and I worked hard on my posts. As I went on, I wanted to put more heart into each topic I wrote on, but I constantly found myself without the time. These important topics are not getting the time, effort and reflection they deserve. Even more than that… I am not getting the feeding that I need. By spending so much time writing, I was losing my time with God, in prayer and in His Word. I found this blog becoming an idol in my life [funny how that happens] 

I feel a little failure in this, but anything I do can and will be used for God's glory. I will still be posting (hopefully still often), but I will listen and wait and reflect until it is what I need to talk about. I don't want to write just to write. I want to write to say something!

And in confessing this, I feel PEACE. [remember those fruits of the Spirit?] God does not want us suffering for the approval of people or for our own self-gratification. He wants us to work for His glory… no matter what that looks like. In my case, I have to admit that this is not what I originally thought it was. I thought I was going to write and change and move the world in a big way every day. 

I was wrong. Huuuuuuge surprise, right? No? Okay, I guess not...

So I am going to relinquish my idea of being right. I am going to listen to God when He tells me to slow down. To be still. I need to spend more time listening and less time talking. I will have the confidence in His plan for this. It is by prayer that I made this decision. It is by the peace in my heart right now that I know I am listening to the Spirit. I can't think of a more beautiful feeling. 

The ocean has always been my peaceful place. Just add in some scuffed up boots and I'm in Heaven!

1 comment: