Thursday, May 29, 2014

An Attitude of Gratitude

I started yesterday's post about how much I wanted to complain. Then I preached about how important it is to have a positive outlook. [sorry for the recap, but it was just sooooo long ago] But how do we get to that positive attitude? Well, as my mom would say (hi mom!)... 

"Have an attitude of gratitude" 

Some days, that's easier said than done. But like any good skill, it takes practice! True and conscious practice. Not just on the good days, but on the days you feel like crap too. Because, some days just suck. Friendships fail, jobs are lost, bills are due, faith feels hard to come by. There's a country song out there that says "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful life". 

To start off this topic of gratitude, I got a little help from my friends. 

What you are grateful for?

Amy - "forgiveness, inside jokes that make your cheeks hurt, and summer weather."
Tabitha - "Sunshine, lemons, Trader Joes, Joe (her husband), Dory the car, worship music and amazing friendships"
Natalie - "coffee, flowers, hugs, and incredible friends. 
Chelsea - "people's patience, kinds, understanding, and encouragement"
Lindsey - "God's perseverance and how He pushes me to love and serve Him more every single day"
Alicia - "God's overwhelming grace, that is it costly and beautiful and refreshing and always available"

Thanks beautiful friends!
Whether it be for faith, food, or friendship…there is always always always always something to be grateful for. Even when the only thing you can think of is your future salvation and life in Heaven, there is always something to be thankful for. And there is something beautiful about a girl who can look on the brighter side. Who brings light into a conversation and life. If I am going to lift people up in their own lives, I better get in going in my own!

"In everything, give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" 1 Thes 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment