Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Going On A Lil Trip...

So, kinda random, but I decided to hop on a church trip to Mexico this weekend. We are going to do some construction, feeding program, and kids ministry at an orphanage. The opportunity just kind of popped up, and for some reason, I said yes.
 [remember how we talked about having time or stillness, ya… I'm not the best at it] 

I'll admit that I'm nervous. Not about the trip or where I will be staying, I trust the group tremendously and I know God wants me there. I am more nervous about the relationships within the group. I don't know how many people will be there, or what ages, or guys vs. girls. I am just going! Oh, I get so nervous meeting a big group of people, then you know… spending the weekend with them. 

For a girl who is used to finding a lot of her confidence in her appearance, serving in an impoverished community won't really aid me in that. So I have to rely on so much more! Just love, really. It's not about how I look or how cool I can seem… those kids and volunteers will not care. 

The ONLY thing that counts is faith, expressing itself through love. 

Doing ministry is an outgoing adventure. Add a language barrier and I'm terrified. But like I said in my first post… the best changes usually come with a racing heart. This feels like when I left for Russia a couple years ago…

Moscow at night


At Young Life camp

Kransnodar

St. Petersburg
In Red Square
I had no idea what to bring. What to expect. How to act…. I was soooo unequipped. But the thing is… God doesn't ask us to be fully prepared, then where would be the room for Him to show his glory through us? And even more… where would the excitement be in that? All he asks for is humble (sometimes even reluctant) obedience.

So here I am God, use me in Mexico. Give me the strength to love each person there in spite of my insecurities.

I think I am going to get some good insight into beauty of the heart on this trip. Also smiling, adventure, passion, kindness, charity. All those beautiful things. Please pray for me and this mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment