Sunday, May 25, 2014

Tu Bonita: Part I

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post for the last few days! I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Mexico to work for a church and an orphanage. I have so much to tell you all! God is working some amazing things south of the border through some incredible people. And even building on that, God did some amazing works in my own heart. It was no mistake that I came on this trip. I learned so much about true and pure beauty there.

I think I need a little time to decompress and analyze the good works that have been happening in me. I plan on making up for missing some days of posting. I wrote the post below on Thursday afternoon, right before I hopped on the bus. Sorry I didn't have time to upload it, but I think it is still good to see where my heart was at right before I left.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Adventure: an exciting or remarkable experience

I am so in love with the idea of an adventure. We can find it in the everyday and the exceptional days. As long as you can look at an experience as something special, as something to learn from, as a memory to make… it becomes an adventure.

And today, I’m going on an adventure.

Assisted Selfie
 If you recall, I am leaving today on a short trip to Mexico. Just a spur of the moment kind of thing. I have had to cancel a couple plans, and I have been downplaying the experience. “Oh, it’s just a short trip. No big deal”. Why am I doing that!? Experiences don’t need to cost tons of money or be rare to be remarkable. I think just saying “yes” to something exciting is positively beautiful! Getting out of your everyday motions and gaining a new perspective is beautiful. Seeing beyond your own world is beautiful.

I am a controller and a planner. I need know what’s going to happen, at what times, and with what people. And I need pictures and examples. It’s a problem.  I get NONE of that with this trip. I have contemplated dropping out many times since saying yes. But I won’t. I don’t want my fear of the unknown to dictate my adventures. So, I’m going to go serve. I am saying that my trust in God’s hand in this is bigger than my fears. I trust that He will use this ADVENTURE in my life and in others.  

He doesn’t want us to have lame lives. He wants us to live remarkable, exciting and all together beautiful lives! And that can all start just by saying

yes

No comments:

Post a Comment